Monday, April 22, 2013

Hello Joe!


So basically the people here call elders from America Joe all the time. Sister Stokes and I got called Joe this week while we were proselyting this week. I guess that is the most common American name.

Anyway! how are you I am great! Thank you for your emails and stuff. I love hearing from you. I am glad your hike went well mom. And dad that beard was amazing. But I am glad you are back to your old self. I love you.

Alex and Sammie. I miss you boys and Tyler, I am happy to hear about your new bike and your awesome trick! send me a pic!

I loved the pictures you sent especially of that cute baby!!! I just wanna eat his cheeks!!

!uestion for Rachel: When are you moving to a far away place? Will you be home when I get home? If you move to FL can I come live with you and work at Disney World??

Anyway we had such a great week! Like last night during nightly planning Sister Stokes and I were just smiling from ear to ear because of the great week we had. We have 17 new investigators this week! Yesterday we went back to one of our Preach by the Ways, Sister Joann. She lives so far away!We didn't set a specific appointment with her so we were just praying so hard that she would be home. Well our prayers were answered because she was there and welcomed us with open arms. We taught her and her brother, her mother, her daughter and her nephews! They were all really receptive. I know it was an answer to our prayers. The travel to their area, which is like the furthest neighborhood in our area, was not a waste of time. For a minute I was thinking of not going there because it was so far and she probably wouldn't be there but I am glad we followed the prompting to go.

Another thing that happened yester day is we met Brother Joven! He is a referral that we received last week from a member. We tried to contact him but he was at work. Then suddenly yesterday he came to church on his own! He was there and asked us if we could come over to teach him! We taught him last night for the first time. He is so great. I know he has been prepared by the Lord. He is 17 and wants to be obedient and live a better life. He lost both of his parents already and wants to see them again. I am so excited to teach him again and to help him progress towards baptism. I felt the spirit so strong last night in the lesson. I know he felt it also. He is already reading the BoM and feels that it is true!

I am loving this area. The members are so nice and supportive. They are loving and feed us :) I feel like they are my family already. They are always looking out for us since we are two Americans walking around at night can be dangerous. They walk with us sometimes. I am so grateful for this experience and for the people I am meeting.

Grabe at y half way point ...... I have been reflecting a lot on my mission I just cannot believe that is has gone by so fast!!! I am glad I still have 9 months left. I love doing the Lord's work and feeling the spirit as I help the people come unto Christ. I love this gospel. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday about the restoration and I just am so grateful that I have a testimony of the restoration of the gospel. I thank the Lord everyday for this knowledge and I want to share it with every one for the rest of my life!

I love you all and I hope you are sharing this special message to all around you (even members) everyone needs to hear your testimonies.

Questions:
Has it started raining? it rains. but mostly while we are sleeping. the big rain hasn't hit yet.
Do you have any new sisters coming this next transfer? yes lots! Not sure how many though.
Have you met lots of new people? yes! I wish i had time to tell you about each one! in 9-10 months I will
How is the branch? great! learning but great!
How is your health? good! I feel great.
I want to hear more about you apartment? Our apt is really nice. very nice compared to my old one. there are tiles. and no rats! only thing is that the water is yellow...even the filtered stuff...sooooooao pretty much we shower in fish water. But the apt is nice and I like my bed . I sleep on the top bunk
Where do you shop? we shop at an actual grocery store! I feel so spoiled in this area.
I love you all!
See ya later!!!
Sister Stapp

No comments:

Post a Comment